Saturday 30 October 2010

Penance









Well I don’t have much to give,
but take it with my blessing.
Strangle love I need to live,
choke the lies that I’m confessing.

I’m a sinner, please forgive me,
for I know what I have done.
Vent your fury as it should be,
I am history and gone.

Futile reasons don’t exist,
I wont hide ‘neath pointless lies.
Nor the truth will I resist,
that’s reflected in your eyes.

This is my eternity,
a fitting lifetime sentence.
Purgatory the prize,
repenting as my penance.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your stuff for a little while now. It's very good.

dirrrrtyoldman said...

Thank you, it's much appreciated. How did you find my inane rants & where are you reading them ? :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi, just stumbled across your inane rants! Liked what I read and kept my eye out for your new rants. I read them on here. Does that answer your question???

dirrrrtyoldman said...

Yeah it does thanks, sorry for the very delayed reply.

Labels