Monday 10 November 2008

A Winters Tale


Haven’t come here for forgiveness
in fact this visit wasn't planned.
Didn’t show my face for laughs,
not here for you to understand.

You see I’ve got some things unanswered,
a little question on my mind.
Tell me how to follow something,
when that something keeps me blind?

It may be years, it may be never,
‘til I pass this way again.
This could be the last forever,
will you leave me lost in vain?

On a chilly day in winter,
I took a step into your home.
Stained glass reflects a lack of virtue,
a frozen pathway to my soul.

Through unyielding doors of oak,
entered through not on a whim.
Looked to you to give me answers,
should have known the chance was slim.

I hadn’t come here for forgiveness,
now this visit's at an end.
And I still don’t recognise you,
I still don’t understand.

No comments:

Labels